Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

I guess the Easter Bunny is resting up from his journey now. I think he hit our house last, then headed straight home to bed. I know this because he didn't actually make it to our house until waaaaay after the sun came up, and Elizabeth was in the shower.

Every Easter we sing one of my favorite hymns:

Christ the Lord is risen today. Alleluia!
Sons of men and angels say Alleluia!
Raise your joys and triumphs high. Alleluia!
Sing, ye heavens, and earth reply, Alleluia!

Love's redeeming work is done. Alleluia!
Fought the fight, the battle won, Alleluia!
Death in vain forbids him rise. Alleluia!
Christ has opened Paradise! Alleluia!

Soar we now where Christ has led. Alleluia!
Following our exalted head, Alleluia!
Made like Him, like Him we rise. Alleluia!
Ours the cross, the grave, the skies. Alleluia!

I always think of my goofy brother-in-law when we sing that song. He sang "following our exhausted head" one year, and my sisters and I haven't sung the song without laughing since.

UPDATE:

Okay ... I just got back from church, and WE DIDN'T SING IT! I thought there was a law against that, or something.

Oh, well. Happy Easter anyway.

No comments: