Monday, March 24, 2008

It means so much to me that Elizabeth is excited about her friends coming to our house. I remember when she was in day care and I'd hide behind the door to watch her without her knowing I was there, just to see what she was like when I wasn't around. I still get to do that ... by being the mom who drives them places, I hear all the conversations about who's dating whom, who wishes she was dating whom, which teachers are cool (Mr. Haywood, definitely) and which are not at all cool (no, I'm not going to name any names).

I keep thinking that one day she'll decide she doesn't want me around anymore, and I won't get to hide behind the door (or the steering wheel) and find out what her life is like when I'm not there. Until then, I'm just enjoying the time I have with her.

No comments: