Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Rededication

About five years ago I started scanning in all my old photos. I got my first camera when I was 14, so I've been taking pictures for 36 years now. My first digital camera was about 3 years ago, so 33 years of photos are either on paper or slides. Heaven only knows how I paid to get all these photos processed!

The scanning job has been an on-and-off process. Other things take priority and my photos get pushed aside, then I pick them up again for a few weeks, then something else comes up. But I REALLY want to get these things finished up. Several years ago my sister and her family had a fire in their house, and I don't want to lose these things. Even plowing through them at breakneck speed has brought up memories that I had long forgotten.

I'm working on slides now. I just counted everything, and I've got a total of 1015 slides. Of those, 596, or not quite 59%, are scanned in. I'm planning on blogging my progress, so if you don't see anything posted for a while, send me an email and tell me to get busy.

Addendum: I tend to scan in batches of 12. If I can do a batch a day, I'll be through before I go to San Francisco in September! (Through with the slides ... the paper photos haven't even been counted yet.)

No comments: