Monday, September 1, 2008

Monday 9:36 AM ...

... and much to our surprise, we still have power and internet.

Jeaux made it in to work with no problems, and Elizabeth came and piled up in the bed with me. He said it was breezy, but not too bad. I hope he'll be able to make it home tonight, but if not, we're prepared. It's not as scary for me when the storm comes through in daylight, and by tonight things will be slowing down. We've got about a million flashlights and battery lanterns in the house and we have reading materials coming out the wazoo. And my friend Lenora bought us four new board games.

After dark last night he convinced me to let him board up a couple more windows, so my computer room is VERY dark right now. Elizabeth is playing Hostess, baking cookies so we'll have something to serve our guests tomorrow when the lights are out and several friends have planned to come over here to play games. Our Children's Director at church threw down a gauntlet yesterday by making it known that no one will play Trivial Pursuit with her anymore because she always wins. It's going to be a fun (although probably hot) day.

All four local channels, CNN, CNN Headline News, MSNBC, and Fox are all doing 24/7 hurricane coverage, so E and I finally put it on TVLand and she's fallen in love with I Love Lucy reruns. After all, we have 24/7 hurricane coverage out every single window of the house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK. Have added all four board games to my cart at amazon and will wait for your reviews to see which ones to put back!