Tuesday, September 9, 2008

YAY!!!

We're so relieved that it looks like Ike is going to visit somewhere else this week.  There are still parts of Louisiana that don't have power, and there's LOTS of debris still piled up along the streets. Another storm right now would be more than we could handle.

Since we're not in Hurricane Prep Mode, I'll fly out tomorrow on my previously scheduled trip to San Francisco. It's a work trip, but my definition of a vacation, this trip counts. Vacation means two things: first of all, I can drop a towel on the floor in the morning and when I come back in the afternoon, it's gone. Second, there's no Pat Shingleton on the TV. I like Pat Shingleton, it's just that if I'm close enough to Baton Rouge to watch Pat, then I could theoretically get home and scrub toilets, do my accounting, or call clients. No Pat means no way I can get home to do those things, so I might as well enjoy myself.

So today is full of washing, packing, printing out the information for the shuttle from the airport to the hotel, refilling prescriptions, and getting the house organized before I leave. Normally I'd do this over two or three days, but I didn't decide to go until last night.

No comments: